Monday 25 June 2012

Green Drinks is suspended

I won't be holding this week's Green Drinks nor for the foreseeable future. Simply put, despite a nice response on the internet, we haven't gotten much of a response at the actual happy hours. Given that and the presence of other demands, I'm suspending the group.

If anyone else would like to take it on, I'd be happy to join, and I'd be happy to hand over the reigns to this "vast internet presence," too. If that happened, perhaps the formula used--be it venue, frequency, etc--could be reconsidered, too.

This weekend I was at a party hosted by someone I met through Green Drinks. When we spoke, he felt apologetic about missing the prior month. Later, I met someone who had liked our facebook page but never attended. When I explained my involvement, she, too, felt a bit apologetic. While I appreciated the consideration in those responses, I regretted that both people felt the need to offer them. I never wanted Green Drinks to seem like an obligation but a pleasure to be anticipated. I wanted to create a community of people who care about the environment, but, as I've learned about other organizations, perhaps that need has already been met.

No comments:

Post a Comment